Be Still

"Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act"

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Getting to know us

Whit and I have been together for 9 years, married for 5 of them come Halloween.
Whit is a 28 year old mechanical engineer with a degree from Auburn University, and I am a 26 year old PA. Whit enjoys welding, nature, and typical manly stuff and I am a homebody who loves curling up with one of our four furbabies and reading or sipping on a cuppa tea.
We recently purchased our first house and have embarked on a journey that has had many ups and downs thus far.

Nobody ever tells you that having a baby can be difficult, and you take for granted the fact that it only takes having intercourse for form a little human inside of you.

Not true.

Our lives have become a constant cycle of timed sex, peeing on sticks, temping, herbs and vitamins, blood tests, and medications.

We are facing both male and female factor infertility. Whit with low count and mobility, and me with thyroid problems. Both are in the process of being corrected with an herb regiment for Whit, and synthroid for me.
I'm entering my 6th month of treatment and go in 3 weeks to get my TSH levels checked again.

Last time my TSH was < 0.006 while on 75mcg of Synthroid.
My doctor lowered the dosage to 50mcg in hopes of raising my TSH and getting it within normal range, so we shall see if that accomplished anything when I go for my blood work.

Until then.
We will wait.


"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

No comments:

Post a Comment